"Volunteering gives you an opportunity to change people’s lives, including your own. It is a way of giving back to your community while developing important social skills and gaining valuable work experience all at the same time. The ultimate win-win situation!"- H.H. Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Volunteers have a vast impact on local and global communities. The UAE stresses on the culture of volunteering in promoting sustainable development in line with the UAE national agenda as well as UN sustainable Goals 2030.
The types of services our student volunteers do:
Within the school:
- Take responsibilities in the areas like ICT support, collection of notebooks, tracking record of students’ notebook, class discipline etc.
- Student buddies.
- Help children with special needs.
- Act as a playground monitors, corridor monitors (during arrival, dispersal and break time).
- Help teachers during field trips and other events that take place within the school and section (PTCS, thematic assembly, KG1 opening day etc).
- Assist with a specific club or interest group.
- Assist sports teachers with sports and fitness programs or any events.
- Help in preparing sectional board work.
Outside the school:
- Participation in events like walk for a cause, cleanup day at a local beach, trail, waterway or park.
- Join other people or organization (Environment, Art, cultural, Science etc) in their community for various events associated with the government.
- Passionate about a local, national, or global issue? Write-ups are posted on sectional boards, class boards.
- Assist in organizing thanksgiving services, meal distribution at labour camps, old clothes donation etc.
- Donating clothes, toys, books, help charities in their areas through local organizations.
- Be in touch with shelter homes, foster organizations, libraries, and religious organizations to see when they need volunteers or donate goods.
Through our Synergy Program we invite our parents to be actively involved in the life of the school through various parent-volunteer programs. Based on their interest, liking and availability of time they support us whole-heartedly in several ways. Some of them being:
- In class honorary Learning support to students of determination.
- Assist and support teachers with co-curricular activities like art, dance, craft.
- Support teachers in managing discipline during the transitions.
- Engage and interact with students during constructive proxies.
- Parent Talks for students.
- Reading out stories to kindergarten students in a creative manner during the lessons.
- Assist and support the teachers during field trips, Annual Days, Republic Day.